Wednesday, June 04, 2008

If your DVICO FusionRemote doesn't work

It might be your Logitech wireless keyboard or mouse. Mine wasn't working until I stumbled across a post somewhere which mentioned it.

Solution? Try using an old school USB keyboard and mouse and see if that solves the your problem. (that includes unplugging the Logitech USB receiver)

UPDATE: Problem solved, using an stereo extension cable to move the IR cable away from the Logitech receiver, I got them both working!

I also had problems that I wasn't getting a picture from the DVICO HDtv software, I could play an AVI file thru the software, but TV just wasn't working. Eventually I did get it working, probably as a result of installing PowerDVD, but I'm not a 100% sure.

Software is a complex business, so there might of been a dependency on something which PowerDVD installs.. hard to say. I was working off a very clean install, basically I had only installed XP + SP3 + Firefox and then the DVICO software.

My DVICO Dual Digital 4 still isn't supported under linux, hopefully DVICO puts some effort into supporting the V4L project directly.

Given the lack of support for bleeding edge TV hardware drivers for linux, I reckon there's a a compelling business argument for vendors to do this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

stumbled across this posting trying to get the remote to work for my FusionHDTV Dual 4 Revision 2.

I've got the tuners working with kernel 2.6.24-19 using this patch: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-August/027710.html

I still can't get the remote control to go, though...(nothing Logitech interference around here).

Cheers,
Karloskar

Anonymous said...

The DViCO Dual Digital 4 (rev 2) is now supported by the v4l-dvb tree.

See the following thread http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=919552