I just this story Hands on: Android Market website a step forward, still lags AppBrain and it's a pretty good review.
There's a few basic design things I'd like to see changed on the Android Market.
- Use a different colour for the INSTALL and INSTALLED buttons, while your at it, pick another word, it's too confusing only differing by '-ED'
- Offer list views with more content per page, paging 12 apps at a time is very 1990's
- Allow users to filter out installed from the listings
- Continuous scrolling rather than tired old paging
- The ability flag individual apps to be hidden from the listings, i.e. hide this app
I've had a Nexus S for a while now and I'm really enjoying it as a phone, it's much smoother than my previous N1.
Battery does take ages to charge, thankfully I got two (more) chargers when I bought the phone.
Alas, the Gingerbread phone reboot bug has occurred a few times, otherwise the phone is really sweet.
The Gallery app is still a bit slow and the amount of time it takes to open a photo straight after taking it is a joke.
Tweetdeck is great, but it's started crashing all the time. The fancy scroll to the
top animation will crash it every time I jump back into the app after a few hours.
Perhaps a long press on the title bar bypass the scroll animation?