I just read about "5 little-known Gmail features you may not yet know about".
I like having you mail history working with the browser forward and back buttons. The keyboard history in your browser is usually Alt-left and Alt-right, great for flying thru you history. Control-tab flicks between tabs... the mouse is slowwww... anyway...
So here's my Number 6
little known hopefully awaited new feature.
What i am still extremely frustrated with is the new contacts. It's a bit better than the old one, but there are some simple things to make it a whole lot better.
My mate John just sent out an email saying his old age email address doesn't work anymore as he's now freelance, so i thought ok, lets clean up my contacts... eeeyyuuu......my response
Zac's Improved Gmail Contact Management Hitlist
- Show both the contact's name and email address in the second column, like composing.. otherwise it's becomes very confusing
- Get rid of the edit button! if i click on a contact in contacts, i am most likely going to want to see more detail.
- Drag and drop contact merge, Auto Merge ?? "Are these the same person?"
- Email Domain auto generated Filters like groups
- There are two icons for adding users and groups. I didn't naturally get that one the first time i used it. Gmail has a text based ui. Every other button has a text annotation... come on.. there's enuff space
- The group button, when no contact is selected, should still allow adding a new group